SHIFT Film Festival 2022
We celebrate the eights edition of the SHIFT Film Festival organised by film hub CineSud and we do so in spite, and maybe especially because, of the crazy times that 2020 and 2021 has brought us so far. With the coronavirus outbreak, social distancing and strict measurements, it is still uncertain whether the live events will take place, however, we are proud to announce that the eighth edition of the SHIFT Film Festival will take place, whether live or online, we continue rolling, by shifting distance of social distancing, we invite you to experience (part of) a festival in the digital form!
Please note that the festival will take place in hybrid form. The films will be screened at the festival heart ECI Cultuurfabriek in Roermond and will be available online for a week of the festival on the secure platform for those viewers who cannot travel. All the masterclasses will be held online to give opportunity to more filmmakers to join!
This year we offer you two options:
- Submit your film to the Short Film Competition and whether your film is selected or not, you will get an access to the online masterclasses.
- Submit your film to the Short Film Competition with a lower fee and only if selected, you will be able to participate the Bootcamp Shorts Lab.
-- Bootcamp Shorts Lab --
Bootcamp Shorts Lab is a 3-day online training program to train and develop the skills of the new filmmakers and help them prepare for their next (short film) project. During the bootcamp the filmmakers will learn about everything from script development to the creative aspects of editing, sound and film distribution.
Sessions included in the Bootcamp Shorts Lab 2022 will be published in June.
Check previous edition bootcampshortslab2021.
Check out festival's previous edition here: bit.ly/shiftff21, bit.ly/shift21aftermovie.
• SHIFT Award for Best Film (€250)
• Made in Limburg (€250)
• Special Jury Award (€150)
• Audience Award for Best Film
1. There is no limitation regarding the production date of your film, although our main focus will be productions made within the last five years.
2. The maximum running time for shorts is 20 minutes (including credits).
3. Films in every genre can be submitted (e.g. fiction, documentary, animation, experimental and more).
4. Titles produced in languages other than English must have legible English subtitles or dubbed in English.
5. Submissions only via FilmFreeway.com, with online screeners (downloadable preferred). Additional materials such as credits, synopsis, stills, director’s biography and headshot are obligatory.