Kanab, Utah's official Film Festival returns April 21 - 24, 2022.
There is no denying that food is a huge part of our Festival, who doesn’t love to chow down on delicious grub while watching great films? So this year we have kicked it up a notch and highlighting the food component. We are the same great event with exceptional films, now with a focus on curated local eats during the screenings, let is be a film and food frenzy, friends (try saying that three times fast!)
FESTIVAL DETAILS: Our 4-day long celebration of film, food, workshops, parties and networking is a one-of-a-kind festival experience for filmmakers and festival-goers alike with unmatched hospitality. “It was a 4-day all-inclusive getaway from reality that’s literally just fun at every moment” -Actor/ Filmmaker Colin Cunningham.
LOCATION : The Festival is held in scenic Kanab, Utah, known for its beauty, proximity to six National Parks, including Zion, Bryce, and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and its long and storied history of filmmaking going back to the 1930s. Kanab has been coined Little Hollywood, and between 1930 and the 1990s, over 300 films have been made here and the list continues to grow! The Kanab Film Fest aims to celebrate this rich movie-making history and bring it into the current day.
This year we will screen at the newly restored Redstone Theatre.
JUDGING : We take to heart the amount of work put into each film. Therefore, we are careful to ensure each submission is reviewed at great depth and watched in its entirety. We like to be transparent in our process and judge the story over the production value.
SUBMISSION DETAILS : Please submit your film in the appropriate category. Kanab Film Fest organizers- Jeff and Britt Roth- can be reached through kanabfilm.com or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value the power of a well-told story. We can’t wait for you to tell us yours.
Best Student Film
Best Utah Film
Best Comedy Film
Best Feature Film
Best Short Film
Best Micro Short
Best Music Video
2021 KANAB FILM FESTIVAL FILM COMPETITION RULES
1. KFF screens films as digital files during the Festival. Please submit films in 2048×1080 29.97 fps H.264 format, under 7GB please.
To upscale to 2K from 1080 follow this tutorial: https://tinyurl.com/upscalefrom1080
2. All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted. During final screening the film must only have English subtitles, not multiple languages are the same time.
3. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form.
4. We will not screen films with a watermark. If that’s a deal breaker, don’t submit.
5. Films must have been completed within 3 years of the festival date. Films must be available for screening by the final deadline.
6. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month prior to the festival.
7. We prefer that films not be publicly available online.
8. KFF reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
9. Kanab Film Fest reserves the right to show a portion of your officially selected film in our promotional material.
10. Films must be the original work of the applicants.
11. We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished. That said, because KFF’s focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
12. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by KFF in connection with the dispute.